Lina and Vi: Favorite Five Michigan-based Etsy Shops

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Favorite Five Michigan-based Etsy Shops

Favorite Five Michigan Etsy Shops by Lina and Vi - linaandvi.com

It's been over four years since I opened the Lina and Vi shop on Etsy, but I have been shopping as a customer on the site several years before that. Etsy is a great place to find a variety of handmade items and unique gifts, and it is amazing to see how many talents people have around the world.

Keeping with the gratitude theme this month, I am sharing five Michigan-based Etsy shop that I really admire with you today. Most of these shops are run solely by women, and not only are their products beautiful, but their photos, graphics, and branding are top notch. It takes more than just great products to sell online, and these Michigan makers have definitely raised the bar.

1. Worthwhile Paper - Based out of Ypsilanti, this shop features beautiful screen printed posters, notecards, journals, cards, and more. The designs are fresh, modern, and quirky. They also sell at local craft fairs like DIYpsi.

2. Little Flower Soap Co - This bath and body shop features handmade body care items based out of Chelsea. Their gift boxes are incredible, even themed based on the event. Their shop has beautiful photos that make you want to smell and touch their items immediately. I really admire how they have branded their shop with such a gorgeous, cohesive design.

3. Thursday Afternoon Co - I came across this shop earlier this year when searching for handmade headbands for my daughter, and I was super excited when I saw the fun, eclectic designs made by this fellow Michigan mom. Based out of Clare, this shop features handmade bows, headbands, burp clothes, and other baby staples. I love the color palette she chooses for her items as well as her beautiful shop logo.

4. Burst Into Bloom Shop - This handmade waxed canvas bag shop is incredible. Although I could consider this shop a competitor in a way, I can not exclude it from my top five favorite list. Based out of Grand Ledge, I saw this shop at the DIYpsi fair a year or so ago. They hand-make backpacks, wallets, and zipper pouches with fun, printed waxed canvas fabric.

5.  Bugaboo Blocks - This sweet baby block shop is based out of Novi and is run by a friend of mine. Her handmade blocks can be personalized, which make great gifts for new babies and baby showers. My daughter has two sets of her handmade blocks that were designed to match the color scheme of her nursery.

I'm sure there are many more Michigan-based Etsy shops that I could have included on this list, many of which I haven't yet discovered. I hope this list gives you a few new ideas for any upcoming gifts you may need to purchase or even a gift for yourself! Helping to support the handmade community is something that I have grown to love over the last couple of years, and I hope you will support them too.

Thanks for stopping by,
Erica




No comments:

Post a Comment