Lina and Vi: DIY Mama Silhouette Cameo T-Shirt: J.Crew Inspiration

Sunday, September 23, 2018

DIY Mama Silhouette Cameo T-Shirt: J.Crew Inspiration


DIY Silhouette Cameo Mama T-Shirt by Lina and VI

I had been eyeing this fun J.Crew "Mama" t-shirt after seeing another mom blogger wearing it a few months ago. I didn't know where to buy it until a few weeks ago when I saw it linked up to J.Crew, and when I clicked through to purchase it, they didn't have my size left. I thought it would fun to try to recreate this "Mama" J.Crew prinkshop t-shirt on my own using my Silhouette Cameo.

I used the extra glitter heat transfer vinyl I had on hand for the letters. I used a basic font in the Silhouette Studio software that I thought most closely matched the font used on the J.Crew version of the shirt. Once I had the text cut out, I purchased a plain, scoop neck t-shirt from my local Target and went to ironing the vinyl onto the front of the shirt.

                                                 

I love how this "knock-off" turned out. It's a great color for the fall season, and it was a fraction of the cost. I'm continually amazed at how easy it is to create something that is personalized to my liking using the Cameo. It is a fun machine to have, and I keep finding new ways to use it.

I hope this inspires you to make something for yourself, a friend, or family member!

Thanks for reading!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment