Lina and Vi: Weekly Update + Custom Orders Resume!

Friday, September 15, 2017

Weekly Update + Custom Orders Resume!

Thank you so much for all of the kind comments on the news we shared a few weeks ago of the arrival of our little one! I have been slowly adjusting to the schedule of the newborn baby, and while the days seem long at times (especially when sleep comes in fragments of two to three hours), I can't believe that she will be four weeks old tomorrow. I had thought that time flew by before I had a child, but now I truly cannot keep track of the passing days. My newborn is almost not really a newborn any longer as she gets bigger. Now the passing of time is signaled by the small incremental changes in a growing child!

While I'd love to say that I've been able to get a lot of sewing in these past few weeks, I haven't and that is okay. If you know me personally, you know that I am someone who likes to get things done. I always have a to-do list (actually a few of them for different projects) on my phone, and the fact that now my days' schedules are out of my control is something that I am learning to adjust to so that I can manage my own expectations on what I can get done in a day and keep my own frustration at bay. I am still learning and growing, except with a new subject matter - baby caretaking - and I have to remind myself that I'm still getting stuff done, even if it's not exactly what I had planned for that day.

I digressed a bit, but what I really wanted to say is that while things have been quiet here, I am still sewing when I can during nap times and when I feel like I have a bit of energy to focus. This past week, I was able to sew two small baby gifts for a couple of friends expecting babies later this year, as well as wrap up a custom burlap pillow order that I had started in early August. I'm also glad to say that I shipped out a few new orders this week - so thank you for the continued support! I am ready to start resuming custom orders now, especially as we head into the holiday season in a few months. You can find the custom order option again on the Lina and Vi Etsy shop, and I'm happily accepting new wholesale orders for boutiques and small shops. 

Finally to share a bit of my world right now, know that while I sit at my sewing machine, I now have my little sidekick watching me sew now! I am looking forward to teaching her how to sew and be creative in a bunch of other ways, and I hope that she finds at least a little bit of interest in it when she gets older.



You can find more updates on the Lina and Vi Facebook page here - remember to like us to receive updates on new burlap bags and pillows in our shop. 

Have a great weekend!
Erica


No comments:

Post a Comment