Lina and Vi: A Nursery Tour!

Thursday, July 20, 2017

A Nursery Tour!

DIY peach and white baby girl nursery by linaandvi

Today I'm sharing a couple of photos of our baby girl's nursery. Most of what you see in this room has been a DIY, so although not everything here is related to sewing, I thought I would share the design in the spirit of showing what a little bit of creativity and crafting can do to spruce up a room, especially on a budget.

We converted a spare bedroom to a nursery this past spring. It was previously a room with a dark color scheme - beige and crimson with touches of dark brown and black. We decided to keep the beige on the walls and accent the color with tones of peach, white, brown, and ivory. I didn't decorate based on one specific theme for the room, but rather stuck to a color scheme throughout to give the design some cohesiveness.

The DIY elements of our baby girl's nursery include both handmade elements from myself and my husband. To start, the floating wall shelves were hand-crafted by my husband as well as the refinished crib and dresser which he changed from natural wood to a white paint using a paint plus primer product from Sherwin-Williams. Similarly, he used his woodworking skills to transform a large framed mirror from a bedroom set into a smaller, rectangular mirror by removing the mirror from the original inset, taking it to a local glass cutter to cut it down, and framing it with handmade moulding. The mirror matches the same color as the dresser and crib (not shown below).

DIY peach and white baby girl nursery by linaandvi

DIY peach and white baby girl nursery by linaandvi

DIY peach and white baby girl nursery by linaandvi


As for my crafty touches, I handmade the moon and stars mobile, which I shared in this previous post. I also used my Silhouette Cameo to cut decals of a dahlia at different scale which I used to accent the top portion of one of the walls in the nursery to give it more interest.  I also recently handmade a wooden "I Love You Sign" (not shown) to place on one of the wooden shelves for decoration.  I upcycled two frames that were used for our wedding reception (4 years ago!) to frame the watercolor prints that you see above the crib which I purchased from two different artists on Etsy.

Overall, I think the nursery turned out great! I still need to put finishing touches here and there. As you can see, there is one open spot for a frame above the crib which I plan to hang a letter once we decide upon our little one's name. That will be another DIY likely to be done after she is born, and I'm in need of a creative project in between naps and feedings.

I hope you enjoyed this short tour of our peach-themed nursery! We are three weeks away from meeting our baby, and I am both nervous and excited for her arrival.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great rest of the week!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment