Lina and Vi: April Update + New Certified Crossbody Burlap Bag

Monday, April 10, 2017

April Update + New Certified Crossbody Burlap Bag

Certified Burlap Crossbody tote bag by Lina and Vi, Plymouth MI

Welcome to April! I realize I am over a week late with this sentiment, but things have been moving fast these past few weeks. Although I've been pretty quiet here on the blog, I have been busy in the background working on restocking a number of our burlap stenciled pillows, designing a new burlap bag, filling custom orders, and preparing for a new baby! The best way to describe it is a feeling that things are moving fast but the day to day is slow.

With the new month comes warmer weather, so it is more of a decision now to stay inside to sew when the weather is nice. I do feel that when I am at my sewing machine, I get the best of both worlds as I am facing a big, bright open window with the afternoon sunshine filling the room. I am looking forward to the start of the summer craft fair and farmer's market season ahead, and I'm hoping that you will see me again at my local Plymouth farmer's market on an upcoming Saturday. Stay tuned to our Facebook page for more updates on the schedule if you are local to the Plymouth, MI area.

Certified Burlap Crossbody tote bag by Lina and Vi, Plymouth MI

Certified Burlap Crossbody tote bag by Lina and Vi, Plymouth MI

Last week, I introduced a new burlap crossbody bag to the Grounds Collection, the Certified burlap tote. Crossbody bags are some of my favorites, as I am a big fan of the no-hands bag especially during the warmer months when I tend to be outdoors on a walk and want to keep my hands free of stuff. This medium zipper bag was fun to make and features pops of blue with the polka dot Cotton+Steel cotton fabric lining. I keep gravitating to a fun interior balanced with a subdued exterior, so that my designs can work with any style any day, which is my overall design goal. You can shop this new burlap crossbody bag in our Etsy shop now.

I started to sew for my little one, although I have been focused mainly on updating our spare room and cleaning the bedroom closet this past week. I am looking forward to sewing more handmade baby items in the next few months. If you have any recommendations for baby patterns, please send them my way!

This week I'll be focused on sewing up a handful of new burlap zipper pouches for our friends over at Bundled Michigan, while hopefully still making progress on wrapping up the final steps of cleaning out the closet for baby.  I hope you have a great week ahead as well as a fantastic Easter! I will be back shortly with more updates about what is happening behind the scenes and new sewing projects!

Thanks for reading,
Erica





No comments:

Post a Comment