Lina and Vi: Tiny Expo Recap

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Tiny Expo Recap


Where should I start? Like everyone else, this month is truly packed with so many things that I have been busy sewing, selling, and shipping these past few weeks and haven't had much time to share an update here. Just over a week ago, I participated in Tiny Expo in downtown Ann Arbor's district library where I met many talented local artisans as well as new customers! The show featured just over 40 handmade vendors, each with a unique product, design, and skill. This was my fourth time participating in a local craft fair, and just like the past three, I left the show in awe and appreciation of having been a part of such a talented set of local handmade artists.

I have always been a huge fan of attending local craft fairs, but I never thought I would ever participate in one myself. It wasn't because I didn't want to, rather I always thought I would never be committed enough to put the time and effort into making enough items to sell, preparing a creative display, and having the confidence to approach new faces for a full day. I will admit that I underestimated the amount of work it takes to participate in a craft fair, however the sense of pride I received for having accomplished it while simultaneously feeling like I am part of the handmade community was beyond what I expected. This is the reason I continue to participate in handmade shows, despite knowing that indeed the level of effort and time is a huge commitment. For those who may not know, my first craft fair was about three years ago, and it was a complete flop. I am so glad that I decided to give it a second try. Isn't it surprising how things turn out if we just push to keep on trying?

So, if you stopped by the Lina and Vi table last weekend in Ann Arbor, thank you. It was great to meet with customers in person and hear feedback on my handmade items in real time. That is something that is hard to convey when working with customers online through our Etsy shop.

In other news, we are nearly out of ready to ship burlap pillows, but we still have one brown Plymouth Michigan pillow available in time for Christmas! If you are local, we can arrange a pickup in the metro Detroit or Ann Arbor areas. Send me a message on Etsy to coordinate a local meetup! All other burlap pillows are still available for order with a 1-2 week production time.

Thanks for dropping by,
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment