Lina and Vi: Santa Maria Burlap Yoga Mat Bag

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Santa Maria Burlap Yoga Mat Bag



santa maria burlap yoga mat carrier by linaandvi michigan

As we get nearer to the holidays, things can get a little bit crazy.  This time of the year takes more patience as we all manage to keep our stress levels low while still trying to enjoy everything that this season brings about. Over the past few years, I have learned that there are two things for me that are most effective in managing the additional demands: 1. tea and 2. yoga. Let's talk about yoga, while I brew a cup of tea tonight.

I first tried yoga about ten years ago, and since then, I have practiced it on and off. I have tried a variety of yoga, including most recently a pilates and yoga cardio fusion video that I have been trying to maintain at home. Yoga forces me to move slowly, which I find very calming, as I'm typically going about my day at a pace fast, rushing to the next thing, and figuring out how I can get it all done in the expected timeframe. I often have people tell me that exercise is their go-to stress reliever, and for me, high impact exercising does not help. I find that my fast pace is already fast enough and to counter that, I need something that forces me to slow it down.

One of the things I love about yoga is that it doesn't require any fancy equipment or supplies. I have a yoga mat that I purchased a very long time ago that I still use, although a bit ragged now, it still does the trick. I have a few pairs of basic yoga pants. I don't have blocks or straps or feel the need to buy weights like I would with other exercise programs. It's simple to get started and that no-fuss feeling often draws me back to it. With the only necessary item being a mat, the practical thing to do is find a way to carry the mat to practice and store it when not in use. A yoga mat bag is just the thing to keep our yoga mats clean and easy to carry, and I opted to sew up a new burlap yoga mat bag referring back to my original sketch I used for our first yoga mat bag here.

santa maria burlap yoga mat carrier by linaandvi michigan

santa maria burlap yoga mat carrier by linaandvi michigan

The Santa Maria yoga carrier is our second burlap yoga mat bag in our Grounds burlap bag collection. This latest design features a green, turquoise, and white zig-zag accent fabric with a drawstring for easy access. The handle is a light gray corduroy, while the lining is a simple ivory fabric with a silk-like hand. The burlap is funky, but the bag is no-fuss. It does what it needs to do. Simple as that.

We're in the middle of a big week here in the U.S., and I have to say this is the perfect time for some yoga! Shop our Santa Maria bag in our Etsy shop now.

Namaste.

Erica




No comments:

Post a Comment