Lina and Vi: Blue Sound Burlap Cross-body Bag

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Blue Sound Burlap Cross-body Bag


First of all, thank you for all of the interest in my last DIY post using my Silhouette Cameo to make a "Grow Old with Me" wooden sign. Although I didn't time this intentionally, I finished that project earlier this week and my third anniversary is actually today. Talk about timing! I hope that you were able to get some inspiration for projects around your own home out of it.

A few weeks ago, I came across this beautiful, blue fabric that I snatched up and figured I'd find some way to use it. The best part of shopping the remnant bin is that you never really know what you will find. I love coming across new, interesting fabric that I can use as lining in the Lina and Vi pouches and tote bags. I purchased this leftover fabric because of its interesting design, with varying shade of blue watercolor-like waves against a bright white backdrop. I was sold, and the outcome became our latest burlap cross-body bag to join the collection, the Blue Sound. 

The Blue Sound burlap bag is a medium-sized rectangular purse with a flap top and wooden button closure. The flap is sewn from that very blue and white wave fabric, along with the one interior flat pocket and the strap loops. The bag features a mostly plain tan burlap panel on the front and black, bold text on the back burlap panel. 



I really enjoyed working with the blue fabric. It's weight is very similar to the reinforced burlap, so it holds its shape while still providing the mostly neutral front with interest. I kept with the warm tone throughout by choosing to use a chocolate brown wooden button and cotton belting strap. Two metal claw clasps allow the strap to be detached easily. The interior is a simple solid white cotton. 

This is a great, casual bag that is typically worn across the body but can be worn over one shoulder as a long purse. You can shop this bag now in our Etsy shop, and you can always find me sharing on Pinterest and Facebook.  

Have you ever found a diamond in the rough fabric amid the discarded remnants? What did you make with it?

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment