Lina and Vi: In Progress: Kona Coffee Burlap Tote Bag

Monday, July 11, 2016

In Progress: Kona Coffee Burlap Tote Bag

Kona Coffee Burlap Tote Bag - In Progress - Exterior - Lina and Vi Plymouth MI

It's been a busy few weeks over here! My husband and I celebrated Fourth of July weekend with my family and then headed to his family's cottage this past weekend which was both relaxing and beautiful.  Michigan in the summer is one of the best seasons in my opinion!

Now that I'm back into the swing of things, I have been busy finishing a new burlap tote bag that I started a few weeks prior using repurposed Kona Coffee burlap sacks from Hawaii. There is a fun forest green and black graphic print that is showcased on the exterior. I opted for a simple color scheme, using a solid brown cotton for the bottom and lining, accented by a brown and white patterned woven fabric on the interior bottom for a little bit of funkiness. I guess you can consider it something like business on the outside, party on the inside. :-)

Kona Coffee Burlap Tote Bag - In Progress - Interior - Lina and Vi Plymouth MI

I handmade the straps this time around using extra burlap and brown cotton fabric (not shown). Everything on this bag has been reinforced with fusible stabilizer, double sewn seams, and heavy duty thread.

Kona Coffee Burlap Tote Bag - In Progress - Exterior Hawaii - Lina and Vi Plymouth MI

I'm just wrapping up the finishing touches with this new burlap tote bag. Follow us on Facebook to stay connected and receive updates on when the Kona Coffee burlap tote bag is available for purchase in our Etsy shop.

I hope you're having a great start to your week!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment