Lina and Vi: Silhouette Cameo Adult Birthday Banner in Black and Mint

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Silhouette Cameo Adult Birthday Banner in Black and Mint



Today I'm dropping by to share a DIY project I did recently using my Silhouette Cameo. I enjoy sprinkling smaller craft projects in between my sewing. It is refreshing to be able to use the good old paper and glue and step away from the fabric for a short period of time.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to create birthday decorations that I hung in our home for my husband's 30th birthday. Using the Silhouette Studio software, I modified shapes from a recent cupcake birthday card design that I purchased earlier in the month (find it here). I took the scalloped circle and the 3-0 numbers and enlarged them to create fun little paper die-cuts that I taped on the walls in our home.


I then used the shape tool to create a triangle for the pennant and cut them out using extra patterned card stock I had available from another project. I then cut out letters and numbers in black and mint card stock and used a glue stick to adhere them to each flag. Finally, I punched two holes at the top of each triangle which I then threaded with blue tulle also leftover from another project. I added some twine at the beginning and end of the banner that I used to tie the banner up for display.

I really loved how these paper decorations turned out, and I think my husband thought they were fun as well. The color scheme worked well, with basic black, gray, and white tones offset by a bright mint that kept it fun and fresh. I never would have thought that I'd use my Cameo as much as I have been, and I can say that I am happily amazed at the different projects I am able to make now that I have this machine! I can't even imagine what I would have done if I had this while I was planning my wedding. It would have saved me countless hours cutting out my bridal shower invites and cookie favor embellishments by hand, but that was time well spent of course!



So, a big happy birthday to my husband as he enters a new decade. Even though you I know you don't read this, thank you for your continued support with Lina and Vi and your patience with the amount of burlap that has entered and exited our home. ;-)

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment