Lina and Vi: Michigan Pillow Partnership

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Michigan Pillow Partnership

Michigan burlap pillow lina and vi plymouth

I can't believe we've passed the middle of April already. This month is flying by, and honestly I mostly think it's because my husband and I have a bit of a 'twilight-zone' feeling these past three weeks as we adjust to having an 8 week old puppy.  At any rate, the weather is warming, the sun is shining, and we're nearing close to beautiful May flowers. Plus, the puppy is currently sleeping under my desk as I type this....so there is progress!

Back in January, I announced a partnership to donate a portion of all Michigan burlap pillow sales to help a local friend who is participating in a Ride 4 Refugees endeavor through Venture Expeditions this summer. He is raising money for those less fortune in Thailand and Burma to supply food, educations, and hope.  I decided to partner with him because no matter where anyone is located, I feel that we should try to help others in need when we can. Regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, or beliefs, I strive to help make the world a better place as much as I can. Of course, there is certainly more that I can always do (as everyone can do) but taking small steps in the right direction is a good start.

This month we will wrap up with this partnership. For the remainder of April, you can still purchase a  beautiful handmade Michigan burlap pillow in our Etsy shop and each pillow will donate $5 to this cause. If you need more information about the cause, visit this post from January where I give more details about what it is and why it matters.

With spring cleaning and redecorating underway this season, think about adding one of these pillows to your home or a home of a friend as a gift.

Later this week, I'll be sharing a new cross-body burlap bag made with colorful floral linen fabric. Stay tuned and have a great week!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment