Lina and Vi: Craft Show Recap

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Craft Show Recap

A big thank you to everyone who stopped by the Lina and Vi table on Saturday March 15th at Allen Park High School's Spring Fever Craft and Vendor Show. It was my first experience with having a table at a craft show and something that I've had on my bucket list for a few years (which I can now cross off, woo hoo!). I'm hoping to do more craft shows in the coming months. If you are local to the metro Detroit area and know of any upcoming local craft shows that are still accepting applications, please leave me a comment here or on Facebook.

The last week few weeks I have been preparing for the craft show, so most of the time that I typically would be sewing was spent designing the tablescape and merchandise tags, signing up with Paypal Here, taking and editing photos, and finalizing the other details of running a small business.

For the table design, I really didn't know where to start, so I started with Pinterest (of course). I found a few ideas that other crafters had for their craft show tables. I was specifically interested to see the best options for displaying large bags so that they looked attractive and inviting without crowding the table. Here are a few shots of the final table design that I ended up using for the craft show.



I really liked how the purple banner turned out. I think it's clean and easy to read, while offering a simple pop of color to catch a passerby's eye. I used scrap fabric to construct it - a plus!

I do want to share that I didn't end up spending that much on the table design. I'm sure if I had more time, I would have purchased a few more decorative items, but I'm glad that I did not add more to the table to make it too crowded. This was a 6 foot table, and it ended up being just enough space. I purchased the burlap ribbon to make a fun little garland around the wooden box and the table cloth. Those were the only two purchases I made for this table design. PayPal Here send me the display sign, and I paid nothing for the device for my smartphone to run credit cards.

All in all, it was a fun time. I enjoyed talking to those that stopped by the table and also walking around to see the creative crafts from the other vendors. For now, I'll be getting back to sewing more items for the Grounds collection. I'll keep you posted if there are any future craft shows on the schedule.

Thanks for stopping by!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment