Lina and Vi: Updates on New Bags

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Updates on New Bags

Hi all,

I've been meaning to post pictures of the latest beach bag that's been made, but I'm struggling to find rope for the second handle. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to create both straps with the rope that I had available from another bag, so I'm now stuck and can't find the same rope I need to finish it up. I think I will need to change it up and maybe use leather for straps, so it might lead me to redesign it a bit to finish it up.

I have a side of a burlap coffee bag that I've been saving for a new project, and I've been brainstorming what to do with it. I love it because it's very industrial looking - no colors, just black text on the burlap. I'm hoping to create a smaller bag with this piece since I've made a few larger ones lately and want to change it up.

One thing I've been thinking about venturing into lately is leather. I mentioned that I might use leather to replace the strap on the last bag I've made. I'm really interested in learning more about how to sew with leather, the type of needles needed, and any other supplies that are necessary. I love the look the brown leather bags; I think they look awesome with any outfit and still give it a soft, natural touch.

I hope you are having a good weekend. I plan to pick up the posts on this blog in the next week and share more photos of what I have been working on in the sewing room.

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment