Lina and Vi: Site Updates

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Site Updates

I hope you're having a great week! Today I wanted to stop in just to mention that you may see some site updates happening in the next few weeks as I find my way around Blogger and the right design for us. There's still so much to do - photos, clothing tags, business cards, sewing, fabric, and more! I'm really excited to get things underway and moving forward with Lina and Vi.

I'm currently working on individual zipper pouches and a new large tote. I like to make sure each bag is unique in some manner, but at the very minimum the burlap used for each is one-of-a-kind. Every print and cut of the burlap is different. There are natural flaws in the fibers and commercial flaws from being used to transport coffee beans from around the world. I think that's why I love working with burlap so much - a truly handmade, unique product with all of it's quirks and character.

Even after a tough day at "my day job", I love being able to sit down in front of the sewing machine and know that everything is now calm, and I can focus on making progress with whatever I am working on at the time. I hope you have something (or maybe someone!) that does the same for you.

Erica


No comments:

Post a Comment