Lina and Vi: DIY Glitter Onesie and Zipper Pouch

Sunday, August 12, 2018

DIY Glitter Onesie and Zipper Pouch

First Birthday Onesie Unicorn Silhouette Cameo by Lina and Vi


I can't believe that a month has gone by since I last gave an update here on the blog. July was... a month. I spent the second half of the month traveling, so things were a little bit quiet around here for a reason. I took a short trip to France for my job, and then our little family headed up to my in-laws cottage in northern Michigan. I'm glad to be back home, even though it was great to be able to step out of the daily routine for a couple of weeks. August is nearly half over, and with several birthdays coming up, I have a couple of short DIYs today to show you what I have been working on!

My daughter's first birthday is in a week. Time does really fly - especially with children, it seems. We are having family over to our home to celebrate, and I've been spending my nights preparing the decorations using my Silhouette Cameo as much as possible. One project that I loved making was her first birthday "One" glitter onesie with a unicorn on it. This was my first time using glitter heat transfer vinyl, and it turned out amazing. I used a cursive font to cut the 'One' text, and I purchased a unicorn image from the Silhouette Store, which I  printed onto t-shirt transfer paper. I then ironed them both on a plain white onesie. It was a fairly simple project but it looks like it took more time than it did! Her party is a mix of cupcakes and unicorns, so I will be reusing that unicorn image on her banner and other party decor items.

Keeping with the birthday theme, one of my nieces will be turning six in a few weeks. She is at an age where she is starting to be interested in "girly" things like Lip Smackers, nail polish, and accessories. I used some extra ivory cotton canvas to sew a small zipper pouch and paired it with a blue floral rayon fabric for the interior lining. I had this rayon print fabric in my stash for a few months, almost hoarding it because I don't have much and I really wanted to use it on something special. To finish the zipper pouch, I again used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out her name and three hearts in gold glitter heat transfer vinyl. I think she will love it, especially because it is stuffed with a couple of goodies!

Glitter Personalized Zipper Pouch DIY Silhouette Cameo

Glitter Personalized Zipper Pouch DIY Silhouette Cameo

DIY Glitter Zipper Pouch with Hearts by LinaandVi

A bit of sewing and a lot of my Silhouette Cameo has been the theme in August. I'm running a sale in our Etsy shop this month - all zipper pouches and burlap bags are 10% now through August 27th! I know many of you are heading back to school or have kids heading back to school soon, so this is a small way to celebrate the close of a great summer. Shop now here!

Thanks for stopping by!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment