Lina and Vi: New Burlap Zipper Pouches!

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

New Burlap Zipper Pouches!

Burlap zipper pouches - handmade by linaandvi


I don't know where April has gone, but here we are on the 24th, and it is already Tuesday. This week is flying by, and I'm here to share a few updates with you on what has been going on around in my world and in the shop.

This past weekend I created five new burlap 4" x 6" zipper pouches using a mix of patterned and solid interior fabric. They are fun, colorful, and ready to ship! There are singles, sets of two, and sets of three available now. You can find these in our Burlap Zipper Pouch sections of the Lina and Vi Etsy shop. Great gift idea for a mom in your life who needs a little something for Mother's Day!

Speaking of Mother's Day, this one will be my official first. To be honest, May is a very busy month for our family. It is probably the craziest of all of the months, even December. We have multiple birthdays, Mother's Day, communion parties, holidays, doctor's appointments, conferences, and usually someone is traveling for work. It's pretty intense, so I'm not thinking that we will be doing much for Mother's Day but maybe I will get in a little sewing time!

Last week, I wrapped up a custom order for a local customer in AA looking for a small version of our flat bottom zipper cases. I shortened and slimmed the width of the large zipper cases to create something personal that this customer needed. I really liked this size, so I'm considering starting to offer a smaller, flat bottom burlap zipper case in the shop. What do you think? I think there is always a use for zipper cases, big and small. They keep things organized and neat so everything is in one place and easy to find.

I have been reading the book Daring Greatly for a little over a week now, and I'm pretty mesmerized by the research and discussion. The book examines vulnerability, and the premise is that if we learned to be more vulnerable, we would become more fulfilled, creative, authentic, and whole. I really enjoyed the discussion around gender differences with vulnerability, and right now I am in the middle of the section on the most common ways we react to avoid vulnerability. I enjoy self help type books. I always enjoyed school - I guess I learn the best in a traditional classroom setting and in independent study. So if I can read and feel like I'm learning something new that I can apply in life, it catches my attention.

That's all I have for tonight - thanks for dropping by!
Erica


No comments:

Post a Comment