Lina and Vi: Burlap AeroPress Bags Behind the Scenes

Friday, October 20, 2017

Burlap AeroPress Bags Behind the Scenes


This week, as well as the last three, have been focused on sewing custom AeroPress burlap bags for our friends at Roos Roast in Ann Arbor. I wanted to share a few sneak peek photos of the bags in process. My sewing room is a mess right now, but it's entirely for a good reason!

These bags are fun to make, and I am very proud of how the first batch has turned out. Since I have made so many of these, I now have template wooden pattern pieces my husband made for me. It makes the cutting process much faster as I can use the wooden template, my Gingher rotary cutter, and a cutting mat to slice through the nylon, cotton, interfacing, and faux leather quickly. Cutting is typically my least favorite part of sewing. The wooden templates help me batch the pieces out quickly and spend less time cutting and more time sewing.



This is a short update but I wanted to drop in to say hello and share my progress. I hope you have a great weekend ahead!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment