Lina and Vi: Custom Burlap Coffee Yoga Mat Bag with Florals

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Custom Burlap Coffee Yoga Mat Bag with Florals



Burlap Coffee Bean Sack Yoga Mat Bag Floral by Lina and Vi Plymouth MI

This past weekend, I worked on a custom ordered yoga mat bag which turned out great! As I mentioned in my previous post, I used a variety of tools, so there were a number of times I was stopping to switch feet on my machine. I am proud by how much using specialized feet has really has elevated the quality of my sewing, especially with the top-stitching on the handle of this bag. 

This yoga mat bag is sewn from an upcycled coffee bean burlap sack that features bold, black text with a touch of a green logo. The accent fabric is a colorful, floral Cotton+Steel cotton fabric. I had a fat quarter left from the bundle I purchased at Pink Castle Fabrics back in December. The fabric worked great to give this yoga mat bag a whimsical, yet delicate feel. It is a fun contrast to the bold text on the burlap. I matched the floral color scheme with a solid, silky purple interior lining. I opted for a toggle closure at the opening of the bag, so it is easy to secure. Finally, the handle is sewn from a cream utility canvas fabric that is durable enough to withstand heavier wear. Overall, I really like how the florals balance out the burlap design to give the entire yoga mat bag an organic and natural yet feminine style.

Burlap Coffee Bean Sack Yoga Mat Bag Floral by Lina and Vi Plymouth MI

Burlap Coffee Bean Sack Yoga Mat Bag Floral by Lina and Vi Plymouth MI

Burlap Coffee Bean Sack Yoga Mat Bag Floral by Lina and Vi Plymouth MI

Although this yoga mat bag is already sold, I do have one available in the Lina and Vi Etsy shop that is ready to ship now. You can find the Indonesia Burlap Yoga Mat bag here.

In other news, I was able to squeeze in a bit of sewing for baby last week. If you follow us on Facebook, I shared a quick photo of the burp cloths I made in black and white geometric snuggle flannel. We are one week out from finding the gender of our little one, and I think it will make this experience even more real once we know! I am sure I'll be spending more time sewing for baby in the coming months once we have the gender revealed to us, and I am looking forward to making items that are stylish and practical. More to come on that in the next few months!

I hope you are having a great week!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment