Lina and Vi: New! Gold and Navy Blue Branch Burlap Wristlet

Sunday, January 15, 2017

New! Gold and Navy Blue Branch Burlap Wristlet

Gold and Navy Blue Branch burlap wristlet by Lina and Vi - linaandvi.etsy.com - Rifle Paper Co for Cotton+Steel

A couple of weeks ago, I stopped by a local fabric shop and picked up a handful of colorful, printed fat quarters. Without a real plan in mind, I knew they would be fun to sew with and to accent our burlap bags. Today I'm sharing the first burlap bag in the Grounds Collection to use a fun Cotton+Steel print, the Gold and Navy Blue Branch burlap wristlet.

I wanted to design something that was nearly identical to the Blue and Gold Fold-over Snap Burlap Wristlet I had made back in November which sold in a matter of weeks just before the holidays. I found my old sewing notes for that design and started with choosing the cuts of burlap and accent fabric I wanted to use to make a new wristlet. I opted for the gold and navy blue branch printed cotton because I loved how modern and sophisticated it looked, as well as just how interesting the print was to the eye. It turns out that this branch patterned fabric is one of the Rifle Pattern Co. designs for Cotton+Steel. If you aren't familiar with Rifle Pattern Co., they are known for their colorful floral graphic design that tends to decorate paper, notepads, cards, and even phone cases.

With the exterior fabric set, I opted to pair a sage/light green solid cotton on the interior to keep with the warmer tones of the bag. It turned out to be a great pair. With the different patterns on the exterior, I wanted something simple to balance the interior.

I love this wristlet design because it combines functionality with style. The fold-over flap keeps the bag small enough to fit in one hand, the magnetic snap ensures the flap doesn't move around, the zipper keeps the contents inside, and the removable wrist strap allows the bag to be carried in two different ways.

Gold and Navy Blue Branch burlap wristlet by Lina and Vi - linaandvi.etsy.com - Rifle Paper Co for Cotton+Steel

Gold and Navy Blue Branch burlap wristlet by Lina and Vi - linaandvi.etsy.com - Rifle Paper Co for Cotton+Steel

Gold and Navy Blue Branch burlap wristlet by Lina and Vi - linaandvi.etsy.com - Rifle Paper Co for Cotton+Steel

You can find our Gold and Navy Blue Burlap Wristlet available for purchase now in our Etsy shop here.

I feel like I have non-stop ideas floating through my head right now on how to use the remaining fat quarters in the Cotton+Steel bundle I have in my stash but I am also cautious because I don't want to waste any of them! I am positive you will be seeing more of these fun prints in our Grounds Collection in the coming month.

I hope you are having a great month and thank you for reading!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment