Lina and Vi: Blue and Gold Fold-over Snap Burlap Wristlet

Friday, November 4, 2016

Blue and Gold Fold-over Snap Burlap Wristlet



Royal Blue and Gold Triangle Fold-over burlap wristlet by Lina and Vi Plymouth MI - www.linaandvi.etsy.com

Hello and happy November! I can't believe it's another month down. We are well into fall now, and the holidays are gearing up. Last weekend, I spent some time sewing up a new burlap clutch with a few special touches that I decided to try for the first time. So, without further adieu, please welcome this fun blue and gold fold-over snap burlap wristlet!

I sketched out my idea before I started cutting, and I based it off of several other burlap wristlet designs I created in the past. For this one, I knew that I really wanted to showcase this fun, royal blue cotton fabric that has a pattern of small golden triangles stamped on it. It's modern, and fresh, which is a great contrast with the bold black text on the burlap.

I decided to go with a combo fold-over zipper with a magnetic snap to keep the top secure. I love how it turned out, so I decided to add the wrist strap to make it more functional. As an added bonus, I added a metal clasp to allow the wrist strap to be removed if needed.

Royal Blue and Gold Triangle Fold-over burlap wristlet by Lina and Vi Plymouth MI - www.linaandvi.etsy.com

Royal Blue and Gold Triangle Fold-over burlap wristlet by Lina and Vi Plymouth MI - www.linaandvi.etsy.com

Royal Blue and Gold Triangle Fold-over burlap wristlet by Lina and Vi Plymouth MI - www.linaandvi.etsy.com

Inside this burlap clutch, I opted for a solid teal fabric. I knew that I wanted to keep the color palette cool, and tonight, I realize that I have been gravitating towards a lot of blues lately. Perhaps the reason is that it evokes a sense of calmness, amid what has been a season of constant change for me? I'm not exactly sure, but I like how these colors both contrast while being in the same tone. A lot of color, and especially a great bag to pair with jeans. Shop this burlap wristlet now in our Etsy shop here!

In other news, I shipped out a set of our burlap zipper pouches this week, and I'm in the middle of sewing up a custom city pillow for a customer.  I'm planning to stock up a bunch of new items in our Etsy shop in the next few weeks. Plus, I have some fun news to share for any local readers looking to shop handmade this holiday!

I hope you have a great weekend!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment