Lina and Vi: 09 Technicolor Cross-body Burlap Bag

Friday, November 25, 2016

09 Technicolor Cross-body Burlap Bag


I'm on a cross-body kick this week, and I'm excited to share a colorful new burlap bag whose vibrant colors will make you smile! The name says it all - the 09 Technicolor Cross-body burlap zipper bag is a small, rectangular purse with a long, cream strap and an antique bronze colored metal zipper.  Like all of our bags in the Grounds Collection, this purse features two burlap panels with a print that is completely authentic to the original coffee burlap sack. It's quirky green frog logo and bold, black numbers are funky and whimsical. Like all of our handmade burlap bags, the 09 Technicolor cross-body burlap bag is totally unique and not something you would find shopping at a big box store. 

With technicolor in its name, this bag is all about a pop of color.  The interior lining is a multi-color triangular repeating pattern in all shades of the rainbow.  Deviating a bit from my typical color choices, I opted for this bright patterned cotton fabric to contrast from the more muted and neutral color palette on the outside. I used a cotton fat quarter I had purchased a while back and was waiting for the right bag design. I love adding a little bit of the unexpected and mystery when I can, so this design was intentionally created so that the multi-color was only visible when the bag was unzipped. It's so much fun, and I can't wait until it finds a new home with one of our Etsy customers!









As I mentioned in our post earlier this week, the cross-body purse is all about convenience on the go. The hands-free bag is super easy to carry - no straps slipping off the shoulder or tucked in the hand.

With the holiday weekend in the U.S. right now, I'm looking forward to spending some time in my sewing room working on new burlap pillows and burlap bags to add to the Lina and Vi Etsy shop as well as for the Tiny Expo craft fair on December 10th in Ann Arbor. I hope you are enjoying your day!


Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment