Lina and Vi: Early Fall Burlap Zipper Pouches

Friday, August 19, 2016

Early Fall Burlap Zipper Pouches



Repurposed burlap zipper pouch handmade in Plymouth by Lina and Vi

 As summer starts to wind down, I'm bringing out more fall fabrics and choosing warmer color schemes for the cooler temps ahead.  Like everyone else, it's hard to believe that the summer season is coming to a close very soon. Although not much will change for me with the changing of the season, I will miss the great weather we've had here in Michigan, the outdoor fairs and farmer's markets, and the longer days. 

I recently made a goal to get my Etsy shop up to at least thirty items, and I achieved that goal this week. I'm hoping to keep it at or above thirty items for the remainder of the year so that I have plenty of variety for my customers using new color schemes, prints, and designs. I am a huge proponent of establishing goals, whether in business or in life in general, and I'm making more of an effort this year to establish achievable goals to keep my small handmade business growing.


Repurposed burlap zipper pouch handmade in Plymouth by Lina and Vi

Repurposed burlap zipper pouch handmade in Plymouth by Lina and Vi

Earlier this week, I wrapped up three large burlap zipper pouches. I love making these because they are a useful size and are very practical for organization. Each burlap pouch features new color combinations geared for the fall and winter months. I've always been a huge fan of mustard yellow, and I'm happy to report that at least one of the bags features a flat bottom in mustard yellow and white woven upholstery fabric, which compliment the color of the burlap beautifully.

Repurposed burlap zipper pouch handmade in Plymouth Michigan by Lina and Vi

Repurposed burlap zipper pouch handmade in Plymouth Michigan by Lina and Vi

Repurposed burlap zipper pouch handmade in Plymouth Michigan by Lina and Vi

You can find these three handmade burlap pouches in my shop now under the Burlap Zipper Pouches section. They are all cut from repurposed coffee bean burlap sacks and matched with unique combinations of accent fabrics for the bottom and interiors. Everything is handmade in Plymouth, Michigan.

I hope you are enjoying the start to your weekend! I'll be back next week with a status report on one of my largest sewing endeavors to date!

Enjoy,
Erica


No comments:

Post a Comment