Lina and Vi: Plymouth Farmer's Market

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Plymouth Farmer's Market


This past weekend I participated as a vendor in the opening day of the Plymouth Farmer's Market here in Plymouth, Michigan. Thank you to everyone who stopped by my table to say hello! It was a successful (and early) morning, and it was great to be able to meet local neighbors and other small businesses. A big thank you to my parents and husband who woke up at 5 am to help me set everything up - it takes a village!

Things have been on full speed as I work through a set of custom orders for local shops in the metro Detroit area. Between the farmer's market and a handful of Etsy orders this weekend, I'm heads down cutting burlap, picking up new fabric, and sewing so that I can restock the Etsy shop with the most popular items and some new designs for summer.

In other news, I'm close to finishing up a new book, Big Magic. This book has been floating around many of the creative sewing and crafting blogs that I read frequently, and the timing was right when I searched for it at my local library and saw that one copy was checked in. The book is about exploring the magic in creativity and the relationship we build over time with creative work. It has been a pretty quick read so far, and I have pulled out a few really inspiring quotes that I plan to share in a future post. I'm not one to highlight or underline books, but this book has had a number of ideas that have really resonated with me that I feel eager to share. It's not just a book for 'crafty' or 'artsy' people - everyone creates something and I feel like the ideas can be applied in many different ways. Have you read this book and what did you think?

That's all for now as I head back to the sewing room. I hope you're having a good start to your week!

Thanks for stopping by!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment