Lina and Vi: Pergamino Burlap Bag Behind the Scenes

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Pergamino Burlap Bag Behind the Scenes


It was a pretty dreary weekend here in Michigan, but for me, that means it is time to make use of the indoors and get comfy in front of the sewing machine.

Right now, I am in the middle of making a new burlap beach bag tote.  It's a bit hard to see, but the texture of this burlap sack is unique. I would describe it as straw-like. It is lighter in color and more rough to the touch, which means a perfect beach or picnic bag for the summer! I'm naming it Pergamino, based on the industrial logo and text that is featured on the outside of the bag, and the beautiful plant silhouette that accompanies it. 

This is going to be a large bag, designed to hold beach towels or picnic blankets, or both really. I'm excited to wrap it up, as I have a few different ideas for unique handles and embellishments floating around in my head right now.



I'll be back this weekend share the final pictures of this new beach bag. For now, remember to follow our Facebook page for more current updates on our items, sales, news, and in progress pictures taken directly from my sewing studio.

P.S. Did you hear the news? Lina and Vi will be participating in the Plymouth farmer's markets this summer! If you are local to the area, remember to mark May 7th on your calendar as that is opening day and I will be there!

Thanks for stopping by!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment