Lina and Vi: Custom Gray Bridesmaid Burlap Pouches

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Custom Gray Bridesmaid Burlap Pouches

Burlap bridesmaid pouches - lina and vi

Bridesmaid burlap pouches. Bridesmaid burlap pouches. Bridesmaid burlap pouches. Bet you can't say it three times fast!

I'm back to share a few photos from a custom wedding order I just wrapped up for an Etsy bride. This particular bride requested a few slight variations on the standard small zipper pouches - a gray flower and a wrist strap. This was a first for a flower, but I knew these small pouches could pull a small rosette off in the lower left corner and have it blend well with the black burlap text. Second, I added a wrist strap to the right side of each pouch. I suggested something thin, since these pouches are quite small at 4 by 6 inches. In the end, the strap was made from gray cotton webbing that I folded over and top-stitched so that it would balance well against the size of the zipper pouch.

The bride didn't request any specific lining fabric so we went with a solid cream canvas fabric, which holds the shape of these pouches turned clutches very well. Finally, the burlap used for these pouches was a thicker weave and came from a bag provided by our friends at RoosRoast in Ann Arbor!

Burlap bridesmaid pouches - lina and vi

Handmade burlap bridesmaid clutch with flower

Gray bridesmaid clutch

Gray burlap wristlet

I can feel the wedding season ramping up now that we are in March, and I'm honored to have been selected to create handmade gifts already this early in the year. There is no idea that cannot be considered, and I'm constantly amazed at how many fun designs my customers present to me to make their wedding day personal and special. If you know a bride or are looking for a custom gift, please feel free to email me or send me a message on Etsy to start the process.

In other news, I spent a few hours this past weekend meeting up with a few local bloggers and Etsy shop owners at Atomic Coffee in downtown Royal Oak, and it was a blast! The meetup was organized by Maggie, who is a fellow seamstress and small business owner who recently moved back to the metro Detroit area that I've been following for a few years. It was so awesome to meet new people and be able to talk about crafting, sewing, running an Etsy shop, and everything in between. Head on over to her blog if you are looking for a new read and see a photo from our meetup on Saturday!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment