Lina and Vi: New! Vanilla Burlap Tote In Progress

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

New! Vanilla Burlap Tote In Progress



Hello and happy Tuesday! I did a bit of traveling this past week for work, but I'm back in front of my sewing machine and working hard on a brand new burlap tote bag.  Although I'm still sewing up a number of burlap pillows in the background, I'm excited to share a few sneak peek photos of a brand new tote bag that I'm currently naming the 'Vanilla tote' for it's soft, vanilla colored faux leather bottom.

Over this past weekend, I ran into my local craft and fabric shop to pick up some interfacing, and I noticed this great scrap piece of faux leather. I loved the off-white shade, and I knew it would have great contrast against the burlap I planned to use for this new tote bag.  I'm a lover of using neutral colors offset with a pop of color, and this new bag is exactly that. With a pop of color on the inside (not featured in these photos yet) and the neutral color scheme on the outside, this medium tote is shaping up to be one of my new favorites, especially as I'm looking ahead to the springtime right about now.



For now, I have these in process photos to share as I work through the remaining design this week. I'll be back later this week with photos of this new bag in it's finished state.

I hope you're having a great week!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment