Lina and Vi: Large Burlap Cosmetics Bag

Monday, November 2, 2015

Large Burlap Cosmetics Bag

burlap zipper pouch - linaandvi - jute bag - etsy

Hi friends and happy Monday! I hope that all my U.S. readers had a fun and safe Halloween! Halloween is one of those holidays where being crafty and creative is celebrated and encouraged. It was awesome to see the kids in the neighborhood and work colleagues dressed up in different costumes, along with all of the photos shared across social media. I didn't end up dressing up (aside from a headband that sported a plush witch's hat), but maybe one of these years, I'll use these sewing skills to create something awesome to dress up and pass out candy.

So I had planned to share a few photos of what I was able to sew over the weekend, but then Etsy beat me to the punch.  I can't believe it, but this new makeup burlap zipper pouch has already sold! It had been listed for less than 12 hours, so it is our best selling item to date.

This is the first time I've created a large zipper pouch. I have been thinking about sewing one for myself for quite some time, and I decided to design one yesterday with some of this fun and colorful printed cotton fabric as in the lining.  The bottom of the bag is a cream canvas cotton fabric. The burlap pouch zips with a vanilla colored, metal-tooth YKK zipper.  The entire bag measures 11.5 inches by 8 inches.

burlap zipper pouch - linaandvi - jute bag - etsy

burlap zipper pouch - linaandvi - jute bag - etsy


It is honestly one of my most favorite items to date. I feel like I say that a lot, but I really do love this bag and I'm so happy someone else did too.  Now, it's heads down (...or needle down?) over here as I design a few more of these large zipper pouches for the upcoming holiday shopping season and craft shows! Keep visiting our Etsy shop for new updates and new items coming soon.

Enjoy!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment