Lina and Vi: Back to School Pencil Case

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Back to School Pencil Case

It's been a busy few weeks as I've been working on a few new products for the fall season and enjoying the last few weeks of summer. Today I want to share a project that I worked on last week which is a completely new design for Grounds, a pencil case!

This guy may seem little and simple, but I will be honest with you, I was a little bit on the struggle bus with this one.  It's a quick and simple sewing project, right? Nope. Not for me last week. It seems like the smaller the item, the harder is to shape and bend the burlap. I managed to bend a needle while sewing this pencil case (needle meet metal zipper teeth). I walked away frustrated one night and was able to come back to it a few days later, make a few tweaks, and wrap it up nicely. Sometimes, you just gotta walk away for a bit to avoid going down a deep, dark sewing black hole.

At any rate, this is a cutie and a great way to carry your pencils, pens, highlighters, etc for the back to school crowd. The interior is a thick, cream canvas fabric and provides the shape for the case. The exterior burlap features graphic print original to the burlap sack, "Save the Amazon. Use jute" and "Hydrocarbon free".

You can purchase it now in the Lina and Vi Etsy shop.





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment