Lina and Vi: Gold Polka Dots and Burlap

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Gold Polka Dots and Burlap

lina and vi - plymouth mi - burlap bags

Over the past weekend, I spent some time replenishing our Michigan burlap state pillows after a few sales left us nearly out of stock. I love making these pillows because it involves a different type of process than the bags or pouches, since those don't involve stenciling with fabric paint. Sewing pillows never gets old for me; they are typically one of those 'instant-gratification' projects since it's very minimal cutting, measuring, and sewing to make them. Most of the time is spent placing the stencil and painting multiple coats onto the fabric.

With pillows stocked up, I'm focusing back on sewing a new bag this week around a gold polka dot fabric that I picked up as a remnant recently in a shopping trip. This fabric stuck with me since it has a bit of shimmer with the gold dots and a very muted, off white background. The fabric is light cotton, and it's perfect for the spring/summer months. I decided to make a medium sized shoulder bag in my familiar rectangle shape. I finished inserting a metal zipper for the interior pocket. I haven't decided what else will be in the interior of the bag just yet. I really am loving how the gold polka dots match with the tan burlap. It's a very casual bag design, and one that I might end up stealing for myself ;-)! I've gotten most of the basic sewing done today, and once I get more heavy interfacing, I'll be wrapping this new girl up by the weekend.

Have a great week!
Erica


No comments:

Post a Comment