Lina and Vi: Craft Show Banner Making

Monday, March 10, 2014

Craft Show Banner Making

My first craft show is less than a week away, so I've been busy preparing for it these past few weeks. I've picked out some great display items to compliment the Grounds bags. Since I have a 6 foot table, I did some research to see if there's any others out there who have made their own table covers for a craft show event. It's fairly easy, right? If you don't want to hem the edges, just cut and drape some fabric over the table. 

Well, after filtering through Pinterest and a few blogs, I decided to just do the easy route and hop on over to Amazon to buy a relatively cheap draping table cloth. Simple, and probably less expensive than buying yardage since quite a bit is needed to cover the table top and the drape to the floor. Plus, I now that a cloth that works on a 6 or 8 foot table.

Anyways, I'm here today to share photos of something that I did sew for displaying on Saturday - it's a banner made of some heavy purple broadcloth with the letters cut from linen and sewn on with metallic gold thread. It has that applique feel to it, but still modern, simple, and natural-looking.



I knew that I couldn't just print up a sign to display the Lina and Vi name on the table. It needed to follow the earthy, shabby chic feel. I feel like it's good enough quality that I could use it again and again. Plus, I practiced my first mitered edge on the corners!




                         

Hope to see you this Saturday!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment