Lina and Vi: Baby Zipper Pouches

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Baby Zipper Pouches

Hey all!

Hope you're having a good week! I wanted to share a photo of the zippered pouches that I've been working on. Each zipper pouch is unique, as are all of our bags, and within each pouch is a colorful lining material to give each some pop of color.



I love these little coin purses for putting small items together in my purse or work bag. I use these for everything - from collecting small medical items for a little emergency kit on the go to carrying lip balm and powder together in a mini makeup kit for after a yoga session on my lunch break.

Sewing with burlap has it's challenges. It can be temperamental at times by being stiff, shedding, or unraveling. When sewing small items such as these pouches, it can be difficult to get all of the seams straight and all of the corners sharp as the fabric is always moving since it has a loose weave. I still love the look and the strength that the fabric gives to each piece, just as much as I love knowing this fabric has traveled around the world carrying pounds of coffee beans only to end up in Plymouth. 

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment