Lina and Vi: Around Here

Monday, December 23, 2013

Around Here

Hey friends - I know it's been a few weeks, and I've been busy planning out the next steps for our first collection Grounds. You will notice that I made several updates to the site tonight, including new photos on the Collections page. I know these photos aren't the best quality, but it helps to share what I've been working on these past few weeks. You will notice that I have included both front and back views of the bags to show you how each bag is unique in it's own way. That's what I love about this and about anything hand or homemade - every item has been touched and cared for in a way that is unique to it alone.

In the last few weeks, I have made a set of small zipper pouches that are great to hold small odds and ends inside purses. I use mine to keep a little "emergency" kit that includes floss, band aids, gum, powder, safety pins, bobby pins, and a hair tie. Of course, for those emergency moments ;-).

I'm looking forward to spending my break from work on learning some advanced sewing techniques and learning more about the functions and features of my sewing machine. For those who might be interested, I use a Brother CS-6000i Computer machine. I've used Singer and Montgomery Ward machines in the past, and I've enjoyed learning to use this Brother machine.

I hope you have a great holiday and have the opportunity to share it with the ones you love.

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment